Tomahawk's first gasoline powered truck was "Old Maude," a
1917 4-cylinder Republic ladder truck with an open cab design. This
truck came with hard rubber tires designed for smooth pavement. It was
taken to the Tomahawk Steel & Iron Works and converted to pneumatic
tires, which were better suited to the teeth-rattling roads it was being
run on. (pictured with member Carl Riemer)
1929 American-LaFrance model 91 pumper (also with an open cab), with a
pump capacity of 600 g.p.m., and an 80 gallon booster tank.
1948 Chevrolet-Wisconsin pumper with a 500 g.p.m. midship pump and a 350
gallon booster tank.
1954 Chevrolet-American with a front-mounted pump rated at 600 g.p.m.
and a 700 gallon booster tank.
In May, 1956, a former
bread truck was purchased from Bake-Rite baking company ($50) and
converted into an equipment van.
"ambulance-type" rescue vehicle.
Engine 7: 1967 Chevrolet from American Fire Apparatus.
Features a Barton-American 750 GPM pump and a 650 gallon tank. Engine 7
served as a support vehicle for city fires and also handled grass fires
and ice rescue calls.
4th Parade lineup - 1964